vicious babies on the loose

May 30, 2006

This has got to be a first

At 7 this morning, I jumped out of bed to answer my ringing cellphone, wondering who on earth would be calling me at that hour. It was Alexis -- calling me FROM THE LIVING ROOM.

""Why are you phoning me, Alexis?'' I asked. In my sleepy state I thought she might be at her grandma's though I had a memory of going in the children's room to check on them late the night before. ""I want to know who's taking us to the zoo today,'' she said.

""Put the phone down now,'' I growled as I walked out of the room. She was coming towards me, with a very sheepish smile. ""I thought you were at work!'' she said. I think she had dialled my number out of sheer force of habit.

This must be a sign. I'm not home enough. You reckon??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home